Are you interested in becoming a referee? Think you can do better? Then “Put your whistle where your mouth is” and “Become a Referee”!
GGE has a Referee Administrator to help you get started and assist you while you progress as a referee.
Why Become a Referee?
- Stay involved with the game as an alternative to playing
- Fitness – It’s a great way to keep fit
- Ambition – could you referee a European Championship Final?
- Learn more about the game
- Give Something Back – offers players, at the end of their playing days, the opportunity to continue in the sport
- Personal Development – helps to develop personal skills that are of value in all walks of life
What qualities are required to become a Referee?
- Good knowledge of the playing rules
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Have the ability to remain calm
- Have the moral courage to take decisions which are correct
How do I become a Referee?
The first thing to do, is to contact us and we will give you details on upcoming Referee Foundation Courses, which you will have to complete before you can referee games.
GGE Referee Courses are organised in various locations across Europe, last for 1.5 days (usually a Saturday/Sunday) and will be delivered by qualified Referee Tutors.