The role of the GGE IT Officer is to co-ordinate the implementation of IT strategy and systems, support GGE officers and Clubs in use of official IT solutions and maintain the GGE website. The IT Officer carries out these roles by;-
- Ensuring that appropriate policies, procedures and standards are developed, adopted, adhered to and applied
- Attending meetings at European and Central GAA levels as required
- Chairing the GGE IT Sub-Committee
- Coordinating and encouraging the use of official GAA IT solutions
- Providing support and advice to Clubs and GGE Officers regarding IT solutions and best practice
- Ensuring that Clubs have access to relevant IT material i.e. training manuals, logins, passwords etc.
- Liaising with IT systems support providers and assisting Clubs with service requests such as resetting passwords etc.
The IT Officer’s main activities in relation to the GGE website include;-
- Managing publication of GGE news, information and documents and other resources
- Maintaining and updating website pages, menus and overall layout
- Ensuring that all official documents including policies, procedures, rules, regulations, coaching and other club resources are updated and easily accessible to Club and GGE officers and committees